Please read our school newsletter by clicking on the link below.
- Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of our Christmas Fayre on Saturday. A total of £1400 was raised on the day although expenses will have to be taken from the total.
- Mrs McFarlane, our fantastic P6 teacher, is leaving us to take up a post near her home after the holidays. We all wish her every success in her new post.
Arrangements for classes after the holidays are :
- P6 Miss McLoughlin every day except Thursday when Mrs Bain will teach the class
- P4/5 Mrs Jadid every day except Tuesday when Mr Campbell will teach the class
- P3 red Miss Struthers Mon, Tues, Wed am, Fri. Mrs Martin Wed pm. Miss McLoughlin Thurs.
- P1 red Mr O’Neill every day
P6 performed a magnificent abridged version of ‘Macbeth’ at the Arts Centre at the end of October. They are going to perform it again on Monday 14th December at 3.30pm in our school hall and all family members are very welcome to stay behind after school and watch it. Owing to the language, it is not really suitable for children in P1 – P4.
Thank you for the wonderful support you give to your own child to help them to learn well. We appreciate all the time you devote to their homework – hearing them read, encouraging them to write, helping them to feel confident in maths, listening to them talking about their projects and practising their songs.
All jotters are being collected in for the end of term and no more homework will be issued until January. Please continue to read with your children, take them to the library, write cards and lists and involve them in weighing, shopping, measuring….. Many children are not sure of the words of their Christmas songs for next week’s shows so please encourage them to keep practising. Thank you for all your support.
Please return all school reading books and library books to school by Friday 11th December.
Tues 8th Dec We are all going to see “Jack and the Beanstalk”, leaving school at 12.15pm for a 1pm performance. Children do not need to bring school bags tomorrow. We should be back between 3.15pm and 3.30pm and children will go home straight from the playground.
Wed 9th Dec There are a few items left in our Secret Santa shop and your child can buy and wrap a present for £1. Christmas Lunch at 11.50am – 12.45pm. Parent helpers are welcome to help with serving. Thanks.
If you would like to buy tickets for the school concerts next Wednesday and Thursday, please send in £3 per ticket in an envelope with your child’s name, class and stating whether you want to come on Wednesday or Thursday. All tickets will be sent home on Friday 11th December. Many thanks.
Please remember to put your child’s name on coats, sweatshirts and cardigans, lunchboxes and schoolbags. Thanks.