The first St Peter’s School was founded by Priest Charles Gordon and opened in Constitution Street on 10th April 1833. Alexander Brodie sculpted a granite statue of Priest Gordon which was placed outside the school in Constitution Street in August 1859. It now stands at the King Street entrance to our school.
We are situated in the north-east of Aberdeen, close to Aberdeen University and Seaton Park. We benefit from close proximity to Aberdeen Sports Village and older pupils are able to walk to the beach and to the city centre.
We have been happily settled in our current premises in Dunbar Street since 1983. The main building of our school houses
- six classrooms for P1, P2 and P3, all with well-stocked library areas.
- a small general purpose room for small group work with Support for Learning or English as an Additional Language staff and music tuition
- a huge gym/dining hall which is constantly in use for games, class PE, drama lessons, weekly
assemblies and school Masses
- offices for the management team and administrators
- a staff room and kitchen area
In October 1998, an annexe was opened on the upper floor of Old Aberdeen House on the west side of the playground. This is known as the Priest Gordon Annexe and accommodation comprises
- three spacious classrooms for P4, P4/5 and P5/6 pupils
- a well-stocked library
- cloakrooms for pupils
- a roomy common area for small group work.
Temporary classrooms were installed in portakabins in our playground in August 2013 for our P6 and P7 pupils. Each classroom in the annexe and portakabin has telephone communication with the main building.
We have a large enclosed playground and a grassy area with a range of timber play equipment. Pupils can also enjoy learning about growing things in our environmental garden.