Welcome to P6! We have a busy year ahead! I hope the children are looking forward to the challenges in P6.
The children in P6 have decided on their class Expectations which they will try their best to remember at all times.
- Always use kind words. Think about each other’s feelings.
- Always work your hardest, learn the most you can!
- Participate in all activities to the best of your ability
- Look after one another – we are a team!
- Always tell the truth
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- We all have a bad day sometimes – start again tomorrow
- Take care of all school items, take pride in all of your work.
- Tidy everything away when you are finished
- Please walk in the Portacabin
- Please speak English in the classroom
- Don’t speak when others are speaking
- Lock the Portacabin door behind you
- Always tell an adult before you leave the room
- Do good deeds for others
- Have fun
The children decided that they would like to use Class Dojo as their point system in class which is working well so far. Every Monday we check who had the most points last week. The person with the most points get a certificate to take home and they get to choose first at Golden Time on Friday. Dorian was our first person to get the most points last week! Well done Dorian!
This Term we are taking part in the “Shakespeare Schools Festival”. Mr Horabin, our drama teacher, is working with us on Thursday mornings to prepare us to present the show “Macbeth”! All of the children have a part and are going to have to do lots of rehearsing and remembering lines. We will be performing it on the evening of the 29th Oct in the Art Centre in Aberdeen! http://www.ssf.uk.com/taking-part/theatre/the-aberdeen-arts-centre We understand that tickets will be on sale from 1st September. Tickets must be booked through the theatre Tel 01224 641122 http://www.aberdeenperformingarts.com/
We are collecting for the Mary’s Meals Backpack Project. Well done to Kornelia, Bartosz, Stas, Eno, Oliwier K, Oliwia Mo and Dorian who have already brought backpacks into school! Please see more information on the website and ask friends and family to help!
We started our first swimming class of our block on Tuesday. The children all did really well and enjoyed their lesson.
We will be getting art lessons from Mrs Croxon this term. This week we were creating cubism pictures.
Our teacher on a Friday is Miss McLoughlin. The children have been learning well with Miss McLoughlin and she will be working closely with Mrs McFarlane throughout the year.
Homework will go out on a Wednesday and should be returned to Mrs McFarlane on a Monday. Thank you for supporting your child with this.
We are looking forward to another busy week ahead!